BridesMade improves the bridesmaid dress shopping experience through size adjustable dress designs, dresses made out of comfortable and breathable textiles, and a rental platform. We are a startup that has been operating for just shy of 3 years, with a small team and a fast-paced working environment. You can learn more at www.bridesmade.ca & feel free to ask any questions in an interview!
We are looking for an Office Assistant to be responsible for handling clerical tasks in our Kitchener office. You will be handling incoming phone calls, email, and other communications, managing files, updating paperwork and other documents, and performing other general office clerk duties and errands.
This is a part-time role offering approximately 20-30 hours per week.
Responsibilities of the Office Assistant will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Handling phone calls, emails and chats from customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Supporting the CEO & leadership team with data entry, filing, and scheduling.
- Performing basic research and providing summaries to management.
- Organizing travel my booking reservations and accommodations as required.
- Performance of simple social media oriented tasks as set out by the Marketing & Demand Generation Manager.
- Addressing envelopes and hand writing cards to customers.
- Performing quality inspections on dresses, as well as assistance with packaging and processing.
- Helping to organize and maintain cleanliness of general office areas.
- Performing general office clerk duties and errands.
- Other ad hoc tasks as required.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Experience as an Office Assistant or similar.
- Superior organizational abilities.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Experience working with Google products (Gmail, Google Drive, and GCal) an asset.
- Ability to write and communicate clearly.
- Ability to work well with limited supervision.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to an ever changing environment at a young and growing company.
- Valid driver's license.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm Sunday, January 13th, 2019.