BridesMade has been growing in Canada for the past 3 years, and is hiring a Customer Care Manager to help with both domestic and international markets. BridesMade operates out of JB Allen Warehouse Lofts (108 Ahrens Street West, Kitchener).
Your main role will be focused on Customer Care, which lives within the Operations Team. This means that you will be providing top-notch customer care to anyone that has any questions, managing orders and special requests, and ensuring the products shipped to our customers are perfect. You will primarily converse with customers and prospects via email, text, or chat, but may be required to connect on the phone from time to time as well. Customer Care also works closely with the Sales and Marketing Team. The insights you gain within this role will be reported directly back to the Sales and Marketing Teams to help the lead qualifying and conversion processes. You will also work hand-in-hand with our Inventory Manager and Shipping Manager to ensure that all products being sent to our customers are in flawless wedding condition. Finally, you will oversee and manage a part-time staff of stylists and packers. Ideally, the Customer Care Manager would work in the onsite boutique 1 evening a week to provide support and feedback to the Instore Experience Manager.
The above is your primary role, but as a startup, we will need you to roll up your sleeves and take on a variety of other tasks as well. Outside of the day-to-day responsibilities, we will work with the successful candidate to develop project-based work that will drive the company forward.
BridesMade is a startup with a small team and a fast-paced work environment. We seek talented employees who are eager to learn new skills and take on a variety of projects. You will have a direct impact on growing the business. Some of the skills an ideal candidate would possess are:
- Autonomy: Sometimes there will be little to no instruction, and just an end goal. We need someone who thrives in this environment and with little supervision.
- Flexibility: There's a lot to get done, it's not a 9-5 job. We want someone who wants to work hard and we hope you'll sometimes be willing to check your phone in the evening or work on a project late during a busy week. That being said, we're happy to let you leave early for your 4 pm Wednesday dodgeball game, work from home if your cat's sick, or get up and go for a walk in the middle of the afternoon.
- Attention to Detail: This one is really important since you'll be conversing directly with customers. We're looking for someone who takes pride in their spelling, grammar, and attention to detail; it'd be great if you were the type who could check OUR stuff before it goes out. If you've got a typo in your cover letter, you probably won't land the interview (sorry!).
- Ability to Prioritize and Balance: We do a lot of juggling. Often our to-do list is longer than what the hours in a day allow. We need someone who will be able to juggle things around without getting stressed.
- Analytical Aptitude: We love data, and rely heavily on analysis to make strategic decisions. You’ll be asked to do everything from creating and maintaining reports, to pulling weekly insights from our past customers.
- Communication Skills: We need someone who's service-oriented and comfortable to pick up the phone, email with customers, and chat face to face. If you've been a waitress/bartender, worked retail, or in a call centre, those are the skills and experiences we want to hear about. Bonus points if you can do so in French and/or Spanish!
- Problem Solving: There’s always something that could go wrong with an order. You’ll be there to help management determine the best steps to mediate any issues, or stop them from happening in the first place.
Successful candidates will bring experience in leading a team in a formal environment. Candidates will also need to provide examples of working with a CRM or OMNI channel support tool (ZenDesk, Intercom, SalesForce, etc.), using an Asset Management and Tracking program, and the Microsoft Office and/or Google Drive suite of processing software. Experience in report building and analysis is an asset. A B.B.A. or B.Comm from a reputable school is an asset.
A Resume and Coverletter are to be submitted to email@example.com with a subject line in the following format: LAST NAME(S), FIRST NAME(S) - Customer Care Manager Application. Applications submitted before 11:59 PM EST on August 5th, 2019 will be considered for an interview and will receive a response. Applications after this time will only be considered if a promising candidate has not been found.
Learn more about BridesMade & what we stand for by reading our story.
Our Current Team